Our client is a highly capitalised global single Family Office with interests across the whole spectrum of Alternative Assets. In addition to fund LP commitments, the Private Markets team invests globally in co-investment opportunities, both syndicated and co-underwritten, across numerous sectors in PE and VC. We are now looking for a Director who could lead their Fund Investing programme on a global basis. This role will encompass all aspects of sourcing and executing new private equity and venture capital investments.
- Identifying, evaluating, selecting and ongoing performance monitoring of external investment managers in PE and VC
- Sourcing and deal origination of primary partnership investments, secondary transactions, and co-investments
- Leading comprehensive due diligence processes and analysis of opportunities
- Lead the preparation and writing of investment memoranda and investment recommendations
- Lead the analysis of historical investment performance, portfolio company performance, financial statements, financial models, and industry research
- Monitoring and optimizing existing portfolio investments
- Representing the team and the portfolio to current and prospective partners
- Minimum 10 years of private markets investing experience, focused on executing primary, secondary and co-investment commitments in Europe and North America
- Experience at a fund of funds, consultancy firm or other wealth management setting tasked with identifying, assessing, selecting and monitoring the performance of private markets funds
- Excellent communication, presentation, and analytical skills are required
- Demonstrated ability to interact on a C-level with companies, funds and other partners
- Willingness to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment and lead a deal team
- Candidates without hands-on private markets investing experience will not be considered
To apply for this role, please use the apply section, or alternatively, email your CV to Thibault Pesque: email@example.com or Guy Townsend: firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference TP51735.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter in the UK and European private equity space for over 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe, including Frankfurt. For further information, please see: www.walkerhamill.de or www.walkerhamill.com.